Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just want to make sure y'all read this book!!!

Miss Hildreth Wore Brown:  Anecdotes of a Southern Belle by Olivia DeBelle Byrd

If you're reading this review, I'm sure you already read the one posted by my lovely and much more famous daughter, Stephanie the Bookworm.  As soon as I read it, I demanded she give it to me read, thus holding up the person she is sending this to from Good Reads (sorry 'bout that, but motherhood has some privileges!) BTW, she did send it out today.  She doesn't usually give her books away, but this one was so cute and she really wanted to get it out there so more people could enjoy it, it's that good!

Anyway, I was a southern belle myself for a short time when I was a little girl and we lived in Smyrna, Georgia for a few years, so I am always interested in the Southern way of life.  This book is a collection of short essays on a variety of topics that are all so amusing.  My particular favorite is where she is describing a friend of hers who was on a very long car trip with her three children.  After hours and hours of listening to them fight, she finally snapped, turned and pointed to them each in turn and said, "I hate you, I hate you and I hate you."  Love it and could totally identify with that emotion.

If Stephanie didn't convince you to give this book a try, I hope I gave you a little push in the right direction.

P.S.  The author is so sweet - after Stephanie posted her review, she sent her a thank you note!!  How very Southern and polite of her!!

So what are you waiting for, go get this book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment