Thursday, August 4, 2011

How To Love An American Man

By Kristine Gasbarre

I love it when there's a trailer for the book I want to review!  It explains it so much better than I can.





My Thoughts:  This was such a loving tribute to the author's grandparents, which I could totally relate to, as I also adored my grandfather and thought he was just the most perfect man and my grandmother was the epitome of grace and style.  I've been married for 25 years to my high school sweetheart, so I didn't really need the advice on how to find and love an American man, but it was a sweet story.  At times, it read like a novel, so it really kept my interest, where some memoirs are just so I, me, my that I lose interest. 

My daughter and I were lucky enough to meet Kristine at BEA this year and my only problem with this book was that after meeting her, I was surprised that someone so beautiful, intelligent and charming, was having trouble finding her true love!!!  We first talked to her at the Bloggers cocktail party one night, where a fellow blogger we had never met, grabbed us, screaming something along the lines of  "Look, I got me an author!"  Kristine proceeded to introduce herself and describe her book to us, which my daughter realized she was already signed up for on a book tour.  Very cool!  The next day, we ran into her a Speed Dating Author Event, where she was seated at our table with another author and they were both supposed to describe their book and answer questions.  Unfortunately in the middle of Kristine's presentation, this EXTREMELY rude publicist interrupted her and said,'"You know, this is supposed to be 'author who shall remain nameless' table."  After we all picked our jaws up off the floor, because she was so freakin' rude, Kristine very graciously apologized and said she was almost done.   Truly classy, because I probably would not have so polite. 

Anyways, this is a really lovely book from an awesome author! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great piece of information. Do keep us update with some more great information......debbie macomber

    ReplyDelete